WOMAN | Commitment Phobia: Why He’s Not Committing To You | Sunday, July 15 | Hosted by Jaymee |
What is commitment phobia?
People who have commitment phobia or relationship anxiety (I’ll use these terms interchangeably) generally have a serious problem in staying in a relationship for the long-term. While they still experience love like anyone else, the feelings can be more intense and scary than they are for most people. These feelings are overwhelming sometimes and push them into getting out of the relationship. Unfortunately there is a high percentage of men who have commitment phobia than women, this is because the heart, mind and emotions of men are far different from the women. Women are emotional beings and they grow up fast, while men could still love the field and the fun. Men often are not ready for the long term because it is a threat to their personal space and freedom. They simply are not ready to take responsibility for anything. Commitment phobia? It just might be.
Let’s take a look at some of the likely reasons men are afraid to stay committed or are afraid of commitment in a relationship.
Reasons He’s Not Committing To You
1. Bad relationship experiences
2. They have more friends who are not in serious long term relationships
3. There are so many women around; they don’t know which to pick.
4. He is not mature or emotionally ready for commitment.
5. He is seeing someone else.
6. The relationship is a threat to his freedom.
7. He has other important priorities.
8. You have not inspired him by your attitude to commit
9. You are piling too much pressure on him
10. He is afraid it won’t work out and he dreads being shattered and left alone
11. Unhappy childhood and family pattern.
12. The lack of spontaneity, and introduction of boredom and routines.
13. He only wants sex.
14. He is not so into you or deeply in love with you.
15. You are too desperate and needy.
Do you think he is commitment phobic?
What signs or acts convinced you that he is?
How does it feel to be in a non-commitment relationship?
Do you know of any treatment / therapy for commitment phobia?
Parlizia was founded in June 2016 as a leadership social-networking site. We provide a unique platform for people to inspire good leadership for the development of peaceful and progressive human societies. Our vision is thus, to build a global leadership platform where everyone has a voice. A platform where you have the power to change lives and change the world.
Parlizia was born out of a need to get the youth involved in leadership early. As future leaders, having sound knowledge on the requirements of good leadership is priceless. We mean – service, integrity, honor, boldness, purpose, diligence and other attributes. The world, and especially Africa is in dire need of leadership that puts the people first. That is the only way to guarantee a great and prosperous future.
So you don’t know Parlizia yet? Connect and interact with awesome people in the leadership community of social leaders in different spheres of life.